DHAKA: Summer is full of little pleasures – a perfect season to enjoy a cool drink, to hit the beach or just soak in the sun by the poolside with family and friends. A season, when you can bare your skin and flaunt those cute little dresses and shorts. However, all the sunshine can play havoc on your skin.
Beat the heat this summer, maintain your beauty and keep your skin soft, supple and well-nourished with these quick summer skin care tips by Dr. Sangeeta Amladi, Head-Medical Services, Kaya Skin Clinic.
• The skin sweats more in summer leading to increased dirt and grime. Try to wash the face with plain cool water every few hours
• Cleansing is also of utmost importance, in order for grime and other pollutants to be removed completely from the skin.
1. It’s very important to exfoliate your skin. Your body sheds skin cells at a fast rate every minute, every day. Get rid of the dead cells before they start making your skin look dull and dry.
2. Exfoliate your skin at least once a week to remove all dead cells and flakes left over from the winter. Massage gently using micro beads as opposed to harsh exfoliation with larger beads as this can injure the skin and make it sun sensitive.
3. After about 4-6 weekly exfoliations, bring it down to once in 2 weeks during summers
Toning and moisturizing:
• Toning helps to tighten the pores and prevents spots and pimples. It is recommended as a part of one’s nightly skincare routine, after the face has been cleansed. One can also refresh the skin several times a day with a chilled skin tonic.
• It is a must to drink at least eight glasses of water a day for healthy summer skin. Staying adequately hydrated flushes out the toxins and keeps the skin looking fresh
• If the skin is dry to normal or stressed out by constant exposure to air conditioning make sure you apply moisturizer to the skin before heading out. Otherwise apply the moisturizer at night before bed time on a clean face
• Lips are most sensitive to the sun compared to other parts of the body. Relieve your lips from the painful peeling caused by the sun by applying a lip balm with minimum SPF 15 protection
• Instead of depending upon chemical-based toners, use a natural toner. Extract the juice from an aloe-vera plant and mix it with natural rose water for best skin protection from tanning and clogging. This also helps fight skin allergies, rashes and itching.
BDST: 0820 HRS, APR 16, 2012
Edited by: Tania Afrin, Newsroom Editor
All rights reserved. Sale, redistribution or reproduction of information/photos/illustrations/video/audio contents on this website in any form without prior permission from banglanews24.com are strictly prohibited and liable to legal action.