DHAKA: Iranians will not make the Hajj pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia this year after talks failed to break an impasse, an Iranian minister has said.
Ali Jannati, Culture and Islamic Guidance Minister of Iran said the Saudis had played a "destructive" role in negotiations, Iranian news agency Irna reports.
Saudi Arabia has not commented on Mr Jannati's remarks.
Iranian-Saudi tensions soared earlier this year after Saudi Arabia executed a dissident Shia cleric.
Saudi Arabia broke off diplomatic ties and halted flights to and from Iran after Iranians stormed the Saudi embassy in Tehran over the death of the cleric, Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr.
Last year, more than 460 Iranians were killed in a stampede at the Hajj, which Iran blamed on Saudi "mismanagement".
Sticking points in the talks centre around the issuing of visas and security arrangements for the Hajj.
"The sabotage is coming from the Saudis. Their attitude was cold and inappropriate," Mr Jannati said.
BDST: 0315 HRS, MAY 13, 2016
SMS/