Wednesday, 27 Sep, 2023


Mother, 2 children die in mosquito coil fire in Chattogram 

News Desk |
Update: 2023-05-28 19:32:30
Mother, 2 children die in mosquito coil fire in Chattogram 

A mother and her two kids were burnt to death and another critically injured in a fire from a mosquito coil in Syedpara area at East Shahidnagar-Oxygen More in Chattogram today (May 28). 

The deceased were identified as Nurunnahar Begum, 30, wife of Md Manik hailed from East Shahidnagar area, her son Md Maruf, (1) and daughter Fariza Akter (3).

Nurul Alam Ashik, Assistant Sub-Inspector, posted at Chattogram Medical College Hospital (CMCH) said they succumbed to their injuries while undergoing treatment at the burn unit of the CMCH this noon.  

Ferdous Jahan, Officer-in-Charge of Bayezid Bostami police station said the fire originated from a mosquito coil in a slum house of Tota Miah around 4.30am and it engulfed two other adjacent shanties within a few minutes.

Having information, police rushed to the spot, rescued four people and sent them to the CMCH, he said.

Md Kamruzzaman, Senior Station Officer of Bayazid fire station said that the fire broke out from a mosquito coil at about 4.30 am at the tin-shed slum house. Two firefighting units rushed to the spot and doused the fire at about 5.20 am.

Another injured Imam Uddin Md Emon was discharged after giving first aid, Dr Rafiq Uddin, Head of CMCH burn unit said.

Dr Rafiq Uddin Ahmed told that Nurunnahar and her two children died from their injuries while undergoing treatment with 90 percent burnt injury at the hospital at about 1.30pm.

BDST: 1932 HRS, MAY 28, 2023

All rights reserved. Sale, redistribution or reproduction of information/photos/illustrations/video/audio contents on this website in any form without prior permission from are strictly prohibited and liable to legal action.